August 17, 2012

Check Out Dem Curls: Danielle!

"In a world where everyone seems to want straight hair, curly people stand out." - Danielle
What’s your name?  Danielle

How old are you? 22

What do you do? Medical Student (University of Manchester)

Where are you? London, England

How did we met? Your Erasmus year and my 1st year at student halls in Manchester

Describe your style. (just clothing) haha I don’t know?

Now Playing: Get Free- Major Lazor, In those Jeans- Ginuwine

Describe your hair type? Loose curls, shoulder length, layered, blonde highlights

Tell us a little about your hair history and what made you decide to go natural?
I have only straightened my hair for a day - twice in my life. The reason for that being that I do not own straighteners and I cant be bothered to spend the time to straighten it. I believe that not constantly straightening my hair or using chemicals on it (relaxers etc), has kept my hair strong and has meant that it has never been damaged. I am very thankful for my hair, it usually helps me stand out in a crowd =)

Describe your hair regime.
Lush is amazing for hair!  I use Curly Wurly Shampoo by Lush and Retread by Lush (their conditioner). They are a little expensive but have made my hair really soft and gives me lots of individual curls. It also helps highlight the colour in my hair. I use them twice a week. After I wet my hair I use R&B by Lush, a leave in moisturiser, and that prevents frizz and that poof look. Lush is the one, trust me! Before I go to bed I plait my hair so it isn’t knotty when I comb it. Brushes create frizz- so they are a big no no. I am quite lazy, so I usually let my hair dry naturally and wear it as it dries.

How do you normally style your hair?  As above - I let it do what it wants

Who is your hair icon? I don’t have one.

What was your Momma’s best kept hair secret? Use a comb not a brush

The one hair product you couldn’t live without? R&B by Lush 

Mistakes that you’ve learned from? Not putting any product at all in my hair.

What’s the best thing about being curly? In a world where everyone seems to want straight hair, curly people stand out.












[J: I met Danielle on my six month exchange to England three years ago! Even though I'm  back in Canada, she's still one of my dearest friends and I was super excited to have her as a feature on my blog. Miss you hun!!]
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment